Bright Financial Goals

Thursday, February 16, 2006

I love freebies!

My wife and I just moved closer to work after she graduated college in January. Our new apartment is much larger, so we decided that we wanted to purchase a love seat to go with our sofa. After shopping around, we discovered that we could get a much nicer love seat and matching sofa for just $100 more than it would cost us to buy the matching love seat alone for our current sofa. Therefore, we decided we would purchase the new set and sell our current sofa.

Well... our dream sofa is one that is owned by my aunt and we have always raved over it everytime we visit. We have told them that we want it if they ever get rid of it. Guess what... they called last night saying they were going to give it to goodwill if we didn't want it! I was like...hmm... WE WANT IT!

So now I get to pocket the $700 we were going to spend on the new set (yeah it was a great deal), plus we have our current sofa sold for $300. That nets me a total of $1000 in savings.

And this sofa is amazing... it comes with a love seat, a chair and a half, and an ottomon. And it is super nice! Like I'm talking it had to cost upwards of $3,000 for the set. And we are getting it free!!! How great.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Sara Ch. said…

    You gotta love stuff like that! Having been a poor college student not so long ago, I'm still quite often the benefactor of gently-used hand-me-downs from relatives. I find that new-to-me stuff is sometimes even better than brand new stuff. I hope you do something fun with your unexpected windfall.

    Sara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home